So, I’ve been nominated for this blog award a few times, so I thought that I would go ahead and write up the post … 🙂
The first rule is to thank and link back to the person who nominated you.
I’ve been nominated 4 times. The first person that nominated me was my sister over at Miss Juliet Poe’s Emporium.
Then, CreepingThyme nominated me. CreepingThyme is a knitting librarian from Canada who is very sweet. Her writing and photography is amazing, and my mouth is still watering over the brownies that she posted a while back …
Sarah (aka. Cleo Lititz–I think that pseudonyms are awesome, don’t you?) at Knitty Nerdy and Natural also nominated me. She’s also a knitter, and as her blog title suggests, a nerd.
The most recent nomination that I’ve received is from fellow sock knitter and NaNo participant Polo at The Knitter Nerd. From reading her posts, I’d say that she is really excited about the new Marvel movies. 🙂 (So am I, Polo. So am I.)
And even if the rules hadn’t said to thank the person (people) who nominated you, I still would have said, “Thank you,” but since the rules say it, I’m going to have to say, “I’d like to thank all of these wonderful ladies for doing me the honour of taking the time to read my blog and nominate me. It really means a lot, and I just wanted you to know that.”
#3 (that’s not a hashtag–I’m using it in the old-school way, as a number symbol): List the rules; display the award.
Here are the rules, according to CreepingThyme:
- Thank and link back to the person who nominated you
- List the rules and display the award
- Include seven facts about yourself
- Nominate around 15 other bloggers and let them know about the award
- Follow the blogger who nominated you
And here is the award:
Next, I have to give seven facts about myself.
Well, here goes …
- I am a geek. My primary fandoms include Sherlock, Doctor Who, LOTR and The Hobbit, and The Hunger Games. I also am beginning to like the Marvel movies, and I loved the book Perfect by Rachel Joyce.
- I’m learning Haitian Creole. It’s … different …
- My room is messy at the moment.
- My New Year’s Resolution this year was to learn to play the piano. Good thing the year isn’t over yet, right?
- I’m a certified protector of the Oxford comma.
- I’m reading through all of Agatha Christie’s books right now, starting with Poirot. I’m on Murder on the Orient Express.
- I’m forgetful and absent-minded a lot of the time. And I don’t care for rules. “Schools and rules are tools for fools–I don’t give two mules for rules!” (Quote courtesy Constance Contraire from The Mysterious Benedict Society.)
Now I have to nominate 15 other blogs. (You four really shouldn’t have nominated me! I now cannot nominate you. 😦 ) I might cheat and do less, though. We’ll see. This is in alphabetical order, by the way.
- Aersknits: A designer and test-knitter and tech-editor.
- Alaska Knits: A knitter who loves to read and has a lot of really fancy degrees. She lives in Alaska.
- EastLondonKnit Shows & Tells: A knitwear designer who lives in East London and has a studio full of yarn.
- Epiphabets: A Whovian-Sherlockian-knitter who writes these lovely, funny little “Diversions.”
- First Light Handcrafts: Canadian knitwear designer who loves socks as much as I do. (I interviewed her a while back; if you missed it, you can find the link here.)
- Knittingburg: A knitter who loves rabbits, and always has something kind to say. Thank you! 🙂
- Pixels And Purls: Sara is a photographer/knitter/crafter/all-around-cool person. Sadly, she hasn’t updated in a while …
- Self Preservation: Sheena makes very lovely knitted things!
- Strickmaedchen Designs: This lady designs the most wonderful things!
- Ten Thousand Dancing Stars: Jocelyn is a woman who lives in Dubai and has her own yarn line, Dubai Knits.
- The Blue Brick: Shireen designs wonderful patterns, and her photography is stunning.
- The Erratic Ramblings Of An Extraordinarily Ordinary Person: How can you not love a blog that has a title like this? WonkyDonkey writes about knitting and life in general.
- The Introverted Knitter: She’s amazing. Just … amazing. If you are an extrovert, this blog will make you want to convert to introversion.
- The Writer In Sir Arthur’s Court: Where my best friend writes random tidbits every once in a while.
- Tracy Cox: The blog of a designer and spinner based in Maine.
And there are so many bloggers that I love–I am just lazy at the moment, and I don’t really want to put anymore here, however. 😛
Then you have to follow the blogger(s) who nominated you.
I’ve been following both of their blogs for a while, so that’s the last step pre-completed!
Well, all of you that I’ve nominated: Have fun doing this … *grins an evil smile*. And if you would rather not have the torture of doing so, don’t hesitate to decline this nomination.