So, I hope you had a great Christmas. I definitely did. As you know, I made all of my Christmas presents this year (I’m not finished with a few: I’m frogging my Petty Harbour socks; I’m just starting the second Hundred-Acre Wood sock; I didn’t even make my little brother and dad anything, so I need to do that ASAP; and I still have something to do for someone else who reads my blog, so I can’t say exactly who or what they/it are/is.
I did, however, finish the Monkey socks for C.
And the Hedera socks for my mum.
And the Dainty Anklets for my littlest sister (age 3).
And I knitted and designed the Juliet Poe Cowl that will be released in January, hopefully for Miss Juliet Poe. So, photos will be forthcoming.
Thank you to my family and friends for the lovely gifts and day. 🙂
This year is almost over. And I don’t really know where the time went.
I think I did a lot of things.
But I didn’t really finish anything on last year’s New Year’s Resolution list.
So, let me think. Probably the biggest things that I’ve done are this blogging thing and releasing four patterns: two patterns released here on the blog and Ravelry, and two in Knitty. And then when I completed NaNoWriMo.
Not bad for the first year blogging/designing, right?
So, on to some of the things that I plan to do in 2015. (Notice that I didn’t use the word Resolution.)
- I plan on designing more patterns. As I said above, the first pattern of the year for me will be released in January.
- I plan on learning how to play the piano. This is carried over from last year’s list. Maybe I should follow through this time, eh?
- I plan on finishing The Book. I hardly wrote anything this month, even though I’d planned on finishing it before the end of the year. I’m going to try to get this done before any of my other … What’s another word for “resolution”?
- I plan on reading the rest of Agatha Christie’s Poirot series, and maybe starting on Miss Marple.
- I plan on writing more blog posts! This year (even though it’s only my first year), I only wrote 39 posts (including this one), and I wrote very irregularly. I had a schedule, but, somehow, I didn’t follow it … 🙂
- I plan on branching out into social media: Pinterest and maybe Twitter. I’m still thinking about Twitter, so it might not happen–at least, not for a while.
- I plan on querying to the Interweave magazine about publishing one of my patterns. Hopefully that goes over well …
And I was planning on having a list of 10, but I couldn’t think of anything else.
In January, I’m turning 16 and going overseas (more information about this later), so I’m looking forward to that. But other than that, 2015 is still very hazy. I mean, anything in the future is going to be hazy, even a minute or two ahead of the present, but I have no idea of what’s actually going to happen next year. (Hopefully, I get everything I “plan on” doing done, but the future of that is also hazy.)
Thank you all for the packed year.
I hope you had a great Christmas, and I hope that your new year brings happiness, joy, and yet another packed year.
See you next year!