I’ve been seeing that many knit bloggers that I am smitten by are perfect, and ahead of schedule, and it sort of makes me feel behind. But I’m just beginning to think about (shh …) Christmas knitting.
I told myself that this year, I wouldn’t knit any Christmas presents for anybody; last year, I worked overtime on gifts and I didn’t have any time for any design work.
And I was planning on being more productive with this design thing this year, 2015.
But … well, life happens. 🙂
That’s why I’m behind on Christmas knitting.
So, to make up for my unproductiveness, I’m making quite a large yarn order from KnitPicks (a company that I told myself I wouldn’t order from for a while, so that I could try some other yarns out), and adding a bunch of new hat patterns and DK yarn to my itinerary.
I found the list with my “plans” for 2015 on it yesterday.
- I plan on designing more patterns. Well. Only 3 other designs have been released this year, and the fourth one is on hold until the end of next month.
- I plan on learning how to play the piano. It’s a start …
- I plan on finishing The Book. To be frank, I have not written that much at all this year.
- I plan on reading the rest of Agatha Christie’s Poirot series, and maybe starting on Miss Marple. Poirot: 15 down, 17 to go; Miss Marple: I’ve only read two.
- I plan on writing more blog posts! I haven’t been as consistent as I wanted to be this year. I was hoping to do many more tutorials, too.
- I plan on branching out into social media: Pinterest and maybe Twitter. Yeah. That hasn’t happened yet.
- I plan on querying to the Interweave magazine about publishing one of my patterns. That is going to happen very soon. (Wish me luck!)
Yeah. Life happens. I haven’t really done anything on that list.
I’m plotting a new book for next month’s NaNoWriMo. I really should be done with plotting it, but I get stuck in the middle every time I sit down to work on it. It’s a middle-grade novel and it’s giving me grief.
That Interweave proposal I’m working on is also giving me grief. I think it’s because I don’t have a big enough stash filled with the yarn I need to use for swatching. I’ll have to work on that stash of mine …
The bloggers that I admire are always so encouraging and don’t post anything negative or down-hearted. And I don’t mean to come across as such now. I think I just need a change and lots of INSP right now. Where do you go to find inspiration? What gets you happy and motivated? I’d really like to know!
Also, I’d like to say this again: if you’re following my blog, but you didn’t recieve a promo code for Meduseld, please contact me very soon on Ravelry so that I can get it for you. October is almost done, and so is the promotion that I’m running on it. Thank you!